First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR ! ❤ And I hope this year is awesome for all of you and you get to achieve your goals and experience amazing things. As we all know, new year means NEW BOOKS TO LOOK OUT FOR, and you cannot imagine how excited I am for this list I’ve gathered. I must admit I have a LOT of anticipated books, these here are not even all of them and they’re mostly for the first half of 2017, because further releases haven’t been announced yet -not ones that interest me anyway. Most of these are diverse (as well as Own Voices) *pat on the back* which means I’m on the right track to achieve one of my goals for this year. Plus, they all sound SO amazing and I. JUST. CANNOT. WAIT.
- Roseblood by A. G. Howard is a Phantom of the Opera retelling and though I have minimal knowledge about it, the hype got to me and I can’t wait to read it.
- A List of Cages by Robin Roe is so intriguing, the blurb has got me impatiently waiting for the release, plus I’ve been meaning to read books with aneurotypical characters and this seems like the perfect place to start.
- A Quiet Kind of Thunder by Sara Barnard is a book I heard only great things about, the premise is amazing and the portrayals are said to be accurate, so WE SHALL SEE.
- History is All you Left me by Adam Silvera is one of my most anticipated books because ADAM KNOWS HOW TO BREAK ME, and I can’t wait to read what he has cooking up. FOREVER.
- The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles sounds like nothing I’ve read before, a girl saved by a mysterious bounty hunter? Yes please!
- Who doesn’t know about Caraval by Stephanie Garber by now? this is another book that gets A LOT of hype and I’m curious to see if it lives up to it.
- Empress of a Thousand Sky by Rhoda Belleza is a book I know almost nothing about, I just know from the synopsis that it’ll be epic.
- American Street by Ibi Zoboi sounds like a story about the not-so-ideal American Dream and the navigation of a teenage Haitian immigrant through her new life in the US. Very promising.
- The Education of Margot Sanchez by Lilliam Rivera sounds like such a treat. Maybe a coming-of-age story? I don’t know, we’ll see.
- AAAAAH!! A conjuring of Light by V. E. Schwab is my most anticipated book of the year, possibly OF EVER. Because I’m not okay after how AGOS left things.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas was inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement which sets it to be very real, very important and possibly very heartbreaking.
- You’re welcome universe by Whitney Gardner is a book I’m sooo excited about, it also has illustrations in it, what more could I possibly want?
- The Inexplicable Logic of my Life by Benjamin Alire Saenz sounds like it’s going to be another coming-of-age story from this author, and he knows how to write them. I admitedly wasn’t won over by Ari and Dante but I liked it nonetheless.
- Amina’s Voice by Hena Khan sounds very cute but I feel like it will tackle important topics as well. I normally don’t read Middle Grade but this one peaked my interest.
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde. I don’t even know what to say other than the fact that I KNOW it’s going to be awesome and possibly very swoon worthy.
- Forget Me Not by Ellie Terry is yet another MG, here again I’m making another exception because the MC has Tourette Syndrome and I don’t know of any other book like that.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. Again. Hype got to me but it really sounds so interesting. The synopsis doesn’t give out much but enough to have me on my toes.
- I have a confession. I haven’t read Simon Vs. yet BUT that doesn’t mean I can’t be excited about the Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli. Because I am. VERY. It just sounds so cute and I need cuteness.
- Girl out of Water by Laura Silverman is one of my most anticipated books this year because the author is SO cool, oh, and the story sounds pretty awesome too. I was lucky enough to get an eArc so I’m diving into this bad boy next month.
- It’s Not like it’s a Secret by Misa Sugiura seems to have a lot of friendship and maybe, probably, definitely a cutesy romance. GIMME.**
- The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich caught my interest with “What the boys don’t expect are feelings that are outside of their training. Feelings that could kill them both.” which means that they’ll probably fall for each other instead of the girl they’re supposed to pursue. YAS!!
- When Dimple met Rishi by Sandhya Menon is the perfect take on arranged marriage from what I gather. The parents are playing cupid and it sounds so interesting and very swoony.
** It was brought to my attention on Twitter that this book is racist towards Mexicans by perpetuating harmful stereotypes and I’ve seen quite a few people getting hurt and for that I am very sorry. That being said, the book is still in the editing process (Sensitvity reading included) and the author said she’s working on that. So FOR NOW, I’m keeping it here until all of that is done and I hope and pray that this time around those things will be gone.
- Tash Hearts Tolstoy by Kathryn Ormsbee was recommended to me by a fellow blogger and when I asked on Twitter about recommendations for books with an asexual MC. And I’m VERY excited for it.
- The Library of Fates by Aditi Khorana drew me in because 1/ It has Library in the title and 2/ LOOK AT THAT COVER. And once I read the synopsis I knew I was in for one heck of an adventure. I hope it lives up to that.
- Fall Boys and Dizzy in Paradise by Jandy Nelson is a book I need in my life YESTERDAY and… we don’t know anything about it?! Like, I need a cover or something to hold on to, pretty please?
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin. The author made a Twitter thread about it a short while after she announced it and it sounds EPIC and funny and sassy. AMAGAD GIVE ME IT.
Well that’s it. 26 books. 26 FREAKING BOOKS that I’m dying to read and I hope I got you some new books to add to you TBR *evil laugh* because seriously, you need to be on the look-out for ALL of these.
That’s it until next time.
What is your most anticipated read of the year? What other books are you highly anticipating?
Are any of the books on my lists on your too?
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.