You know what the new years means? I’ll be looking back to memorable things from 2016. I know it was a crappy year and I hope 2017 will be better BUT there were some highlights most of which are bookish, that’s what I’m doing here, highlighting my favorite books of the year,some of which have made it to my favorites of ever. I NEED YOU TO READ THEM ALL. Some of them are popular, some are underrated and most should be required reading. So, without further rambling, let’s list them. Also, I’m not ranking them. I CAN’T. I WON’T. I REFUSE.
Book cover = Goodreads page.
- This is required reading number one.
- The History of slavery in Ghana over 3 centuries + amazing relationships + raw emotions
- It tackles 61583021 issues without being overwhelming with information.
- Although, it is emotionally overwhelming. But trust me, you want to read it.
- When I think about how I was set on not reading these books my heart hurts.
- THE CHARACTERS ARE ALL SO AMAZING AND DIVERSE AND THREE DIMENSIONAL
- I can’t choose a favorite, it always changes. For now, it’s Nina Zenik. Her love for food is me.
- The plot is mind-blowingly good and I still can’t get over how intense it is.
- The romance in this is the cutest thing ever and I need me a Josh of my own. Thank you.
- This is 100% recommended if you’re in need of a dose of fluff. I know I need me some from time to time.
- The opening scene in the book is one of the funniest and most awkward I’ve ever read.
- I related to Isla so much and it felt so good.
- Alternate Historical fiction set in a post-WWII in which Hitler won. Need I say more?
- Okay fine, if you need more, it has one of the most badass MCs I ever read. SHE ROCKS.
- Oh, she’s also a skinshifter and the whole world depends on her.
- It’s impredictable and it will have your heart racing. It’ll break it eventually. Multiple times.
- Required reading number two.
- This is hands down the most gorgeous book I read this year, probably ever.
- The writing is so beautiful, vivid and emotional, you don’t want to miss out on it.
- The friendship/love in this book is so pure and innocent, I just want more from Sam and Miel.
- Before we start, please applaud my brilliant puning abilities. Feels and hangover is the new series name.
- Lila is my queen and the other most badass main character of all times.
- The plot is fantastic and worldbuilding brilliant, it blows my mind.
- Also, very diverse cast as well, an A+ villain and characters to make your heart sing.
- Most realistically heart-breaking book I’ve read in my life and I adored it.
- The MC is amazing and incredibly brave even though he has shit friends.
- The ability to erase memories is such an incredibly clever piece of the story.
- I sobbed through the last 1/3 of the book non-stop even though I don’t cry easily.
- The premise of the book is very intriguing and it’ll keep you sucked in.
- The MC is the most normal character I’ve ever read about in my life and I loved him.
- He was completely and utterly lost in his life and that’s the story of figuring himself out.
- It explores family (a shitty one), friendship, meeting new people, etc… pretty routinal day to day life, but still NOT boring.
- Required reading number three and my favorite contemporary of all times.
- The way it’s formatted is absolutely unique and the writing style is full of imagery.
- It has a set of twins as main characters and sibling stories are my favorites.
- It has such a bright happy ending that I just found myself crying because I was overwhelmed.
That’s it until next time.
What are your favorite books of 2016? What Genre is predominant?
Have you read any of my favorite books? If so rant/rave with me in the comments!
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.