Hello Guys !
Well, I know I’m late to the party and half January has already passed BUT it’s never too late to do my Blogging and Reading wrap-up. So, this was my first year as a blogger and I loved it, I learnt so much from my time in the community about myself, about books and about other people but it also helped with my reading. IMMENSELY. I’ve never read as much as this year, I normally read only around 20 books and I read almost 4 times that and I’m so happy about it. I also discovered a gazillion new books I’m SO excited about. So without further rambling let’s do this:
- Number of visits: 12.720
- Number of unique visitors: 4.514
- Number of WP followers: 536
Most popular Posts
- Rebel of the Sands – Where Special Snowflake meets lack of Research.
- To some, access to books is a Luxury.
- Tools to help Jump-start your Blog.
- My Guide to Unpopular Opinions.
- My Diverse Reading – Or lack there of.
My Favorite Posts
For the purpose of not repeating myself, I won’t re-use the same posts.
- 20 Lessons Books taught me.
- Reading a Book at the wrong time of your Life.
- Things that will never get Old to a Bookblogger.
- #Crityourfaves: Harry Potter and the Lack of Diversity.
- What are the Symptoms of Growing-up?
Bookbloggers I discovered and loved
Lila @ The Bookkeeper’s Secrets – Sammie @ Bookshelves & Biros – Aimal @ Bookshelves & Paperbacks – Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books – Sara @ Freadom Library – Louise @ Genie Reads – The Girls @ Happy Indulgence – Liam @ Hey Ashers – Kirsty @ Kirsty’s Book Reviews – Hannah @ Mortal Reader – Jill @ Rant & Rave About Books – Naz @ Read Diverse Books – CW @ Read Think Ponder – Beth @ Reading Every Night – Reg @ She Latitude – Puput @ Sparkling Letters – Stephanie @ Teacher of YA – Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews – Kevin @ Bookevin – Jananee @ Head in her Books – Ava @ Bookishness and Tea – Kat @ Life and Other Disasters – Catia @ The Girl who reads too much – Cristina @ My Tiny Obsessions – Meleika @ The Aus. Library – Regina @ The Bibliothèque – Cassie @ AdoptaBookAus – Jess @ JBelksBooks – Summer @ Xingsings – Amanda @ Cover 2 Cover Mom -Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook – Esther @ Chapter Adventures
I’m sure I forgot some people so if I forgot you I’m sorry I love you ❤
Here’s the thing, at the start of 2016 I had signed up for a bunch of challenges (4 to be exact) most of which I ended up abandoning as my interests changed. So I’m not going to be wrapping those up.
General Stats :
- Number of Books read: 77 Books
- Number of re-reads: 8 Books (All the Harry Potters + Eleanor & Park)
- Number of pages: 26.747
- Average rating: 3.7 stars
- Top 3 Genres: Fantasy (31) – Contemporary (19) – Historical Fiction (7)
- Series Completed: 7
Favorite Books :
I made a post dedicated to them so you can find them here.
Disappointing Books :
Favorite new authors/ new to me:
- V.E. Schwab
- Leigh Bardugo
- Jandy Nelson
- Ryan Graudin
- Anna-Marie McLemore
- Yaa Gyasi
Favorite Covers :
Books with Beautiful Prose
Books with #Squadgoals
Books with my OTPs
- All the couples from Crooked Kingdom are well up there. *sobs*
- Sam and Miel from When the Moon was Ours are the most adorable pairing I’ve ever seen.
- Noah/Brian and Jude/Oscar from I’ll Give you Sun make my heart swell from happiness.
- Isla and Josh from Isla and the Happily ever After are SO CUTE.
- Lila and Kell from Shades of Magic have the most amazing banter and the best chemistry
- JESSA from The Infernal Devices I’ll sink with and go to hell and back for them, I don’t care what you say.
- Malec and Sizzy from The Mortal Instruments are so beautiful. I’m trash, seriously.
As you may have noticed, I ship A LOT.
Mendatory Reading for everyone
That’s it until next time.
How Did your Reading and Blogging year go?
How Many Books Did you Read? And Which Books belong in these categories for you?
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.