January was such a weird month for me, it was fast and slow at the same time and that… doesn’t make sense? haha. Anyway. How are you? How is life treating you?
January is famously known as my torture month. Aka exam month. Aka I don’t know what life is anymore. I’m not going to lie to you, it was brutal. A lot of stress and self-doubt but I ultimately made it through and I AM BACK (in case you missed the post where I announced my return from zombieland ). My exams ended on the 20th and I was so tired that I couldn’t blog last weekend even though that’s when I had planned to go back to my normal schedule.For the past week, I’ve been slowly climbing back to my normal happy self and I’m almost there. There are still somedays when I get stressed over my exam results and that ruins my mood but more often, I’m good.
On a happier note, on the 23rd, the books I ordered with my birthday money arrived and THEY ARE SO BEAUTFUL IT HURT MY HEART. For the curious and curiouser, I got the Six of Crows Duology and I’ll Give you the sun, all UK paperbacks. Although, they sent me different sizes for the duology and that annoyed me a bit. Yes, these are all books I read but Hello Favorites! So I had to own physical copies because I know I will reread them.
- The Forbidden Wish – Magical, Aladdin retelling, slow burn.
- When Breath Becomes air – Memoir, inspirational, relatable, profoundly touching.
- Do Not Disturb – DNF, disappointing, problematic, boring, #nope.
- Ink and Bone – Enjoyable, confusing, complex, BOOKS, Egypt.
- Noteworthy – ACAPELLA, #ownvoices, hilarious, cute, important.
- My Sister Rosa – Thriller, mind-boggling, THE ENDING, sneaky.
- The Princess Saves herself in this One – Poetry, amazing, overwhelming, #ALLTHEFEELS, feminist.
- The Scarlet Letter – Manga, Classic, Not my thing.
- Winter – Marissa Meyer
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – John Tiffany & Jack Thorne
- The Orphan’s Tale – Pam Jenoff
- January 2nd: Most anticipated Books of 2017. A LOT of Books.
- January 9th: Most Bestest Books of 2016. Most Bestest English.
- January 16th: Reading & Blogging round-up: The Highlights of my 2016.
- January 24rd: Let’s Catch up: Life Update + Ask me Questions.
- January 25th: #DiversityBingo2017: My TBR and Recommendations.
- January 29th: Word wonders turns ONE: I answer all your questions
ME. ALL OF ME.
No but more seriously, the blog will be back to normal with 3 posts a week, replying to comments in time, blog-hopping and everything. You may have noticed that the “Posts from elsewhere” section has vanished but it’s only because I visited zero blogs this month for obvious reasons but not worry, it will be back and -hopefully- overflowing with awesome posts next month.
As I said in my 2017 goals, I will be talking about topics that really matter to me (diversity, feminism, etc…), but I don’t know if I’ll start this month or later, it will depend on inspiration, time and everything else. But that’s something that will happening. Soon.
That’s it until next time.
Did you read any of these books? What did you think of them?
What books did you read this month? Oh! And if you have any posts you think I should check out, leave them in the comments.
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.