Hello guys !
February was a hard nasty one, reading wise -a book almost put me in a slump, life wise and blogging wise. I just honestly didn’t feel like doing anything.
Do you really want to know? haha. I’m not gonna get into it because this will turn into a full on rant because this month sucked. I got played, I got let down and people showed me their shitty sides over and over again. It’s like they got together and decided to do it all at the same time. Sigh. The thing is that it’s really hard for me to open up to anyone and behaviors like these made me wonder if it’s really worth it and why I even bother. This being said, this also showed me who I could count on, as some friends of mine told me *winkwink* I’m bound to let people in because some are really worth it.
Oh and a thing that didn’t suck, I GOT MY EXAM RESULTS BACK AND I PASSED, that is such a relieve. Although our grades were unfair, the whole class was unhappy because we got bad grades on some exams we got out of satisfied and WE DON’T UNDERSTAND, and some friends of mine even have to retake them.
On great blog news, I’m now offering Sensitivity Reading Services , on Muslim and Moroccan representation among other things. If you’re an author in search of someone to proof-read your work, check it out, you might find what you’re looking for.
- Eye of the Storm – Dark, confusing, complex world-building, draining.
- You’re Welcome, Universe – Beautiful, angsty teenager, amazing friendship.
- Girl out of Water – DIMPLE, character development, heartfelt story.
- Paper and Fire – Inaccurate Hijabi representation, lost interest.
- The Inexplicable Logic of my Life – Good story, disappointing, problematic, WHY?
- Queens of Geek – SWOONING, #Ownvoices, body-positivity, friendship, GEEKINESS.
- The Forbidden Wish – Jessica Khoury
- When Breath Becomes Air – Paul Kalanithi
- Ink and Bone – Rachel Caine
- You’re Welcome, Universe – Whitney Gardner
- February 1st: Award: My Attempt at a Life Aesthetic
- February 6th: Why don’t I see myself? Muslim Representation in Books
- February 8th: Tag: The Snack Food Book Tag
- February 13th: Choosing your People Right
- February 15th: Tag: The Book Courtship Tag
- Puput @ Sparkling Letters launchs her Diversity Corner and talks about Muslim representation.
- Sara @ Freadom Library is moving and raising awareness to how bad things are in Venezuela
- Kat @ Life and Other Disasters launched a #Currentlywatching feature and is introducing is to our latest obsessions.
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books talks about goals in blogging.
- Ava @ Bookishness and Tea shares 50 already released diverse books on her TBR.
Yeah, I told you. Crappy month. haha.
Well, I’m slightly behind schedule but it’s only because I had quite a few reviews to get to the past couple of months that don’t fit on the sheet. I’m planning to crush it in the next few months.
Me being a bit better at blogging? I sure hope so. I feel my groove coming back, as well as my excitement, I don’t wanna jinx it haha but yeah, the fact that I’m currently scheduling this and not freaking out last second is a pretty good sign. I’ll be writing some exciting posts -for me at least, one that was requested multiple times and posting reviews for some of my most anticipated reads of 2017 (one of which turned out being a big messy disappointment), because Netgalley has apparently been loving me lately. So YAY! I still don’t have a laptop of my own so blogging is tricky at times but maybe March is the month I finally get a new one?
I will also be reading some exciting books and if all goes well and the books I’ve ordered actually get here on time I will be reading A Conjuring of Light at the end of the month and I’M SO DAMN EXCITED FOR THAT.
That’s it until next time.
Did you read any of these books? What did you think of them?
What books did you read this month? Oh! And if you have any posts you think I should check out, leave them in the comments.
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.