Hello guys !
This month, I’m on the extreme opposite of the mood spectrum compared to last month, I’ve been feeling good and happy and productive. And reading great books helped a lot with that.
I’m all sunshine, unicorn poops and rainbows this month and I DON’T KNOW WHY. Not that I am complaining. So let’s see what’s new. Oh I got some book mail at the start of the month, all Shades of Magic trilogy (although to be fair ACOL showed up like 10 days ago) and History is all you left me so that got the month off to a good start. I’ve also made new friends in the community (especially on Twitter), people I’ve been admiring for a long time and the huge dork that I am is exstatic about that. By the way, I’m very active on there and my tweet go from lame to hilarious, to serious so follow me if you don’t want to miss out.
What else happened? Oh I’ve been feeling very “whole” if that makes sense, like I’m finally seeing all of me and that’s probably responsible for most of my good mood, as well as the fact that I’m back to the gym so I’ve been pouring all my stress there.
Oh and you know how I’m a medstudent, right? so a couple of weeks ago we organized, a bunch of friends and I, a small event for kids in the Children’s teaching hospital where we got them Teddy Bears. Each one got one and they got to be the parent and the Teddy Bears were sick and we got to explain things and procedures to them so that they were less afraid of Doctors and they had a blast which made me incredibly happy. LOOK IT:
I also started mixing a bit of bullet journaling into my creative journal because God know I need all the help I can get to stay organized, especially with exams coming up soon again (yes it’s that time again. sigh)
- God Smites and Other Muslim Girl Problems – Mystery, funny, honest, relatable, AWESOME.
- Things I Should have known – Autism, juvenile writing, flat romance.
- When Dimple Met Rishi – ADORABLE, hilarious, positive, A+ chemistry.
- How to make a Wish – Heartfelt romance, amazing representation, grief.
- Out on good Behavior – Swoony, bookworm, squad goals, funny.
- History is All you Left me – Disappointing, still good, grief, love.
- A Conjuring of Light – Terrifying, fast-paced, #ALLTHESHIPS, I’m dead.
Title = Goodreads page
- The Inexplicable Logic of my Life – Benjamin Alire Saenz
- Queens of Geek – Jen Wilde
- God Smites and Other Muslim Girl Problems – Ishara Deen
- Things I should have Known – Claire Lazebnik
- My Sister Rosa – Justine Larbalestier
Title = Review
- March 1st: Tag: Who am I ?
- March 6th: My Guide to Problematic Books
- March 8th: Award: The Sunshine Blogger
- March 13th: Intersectional Feminism: Different perspectives + Book recommendations
- March 15th: Tag: Seasons of Book Blogging
- March 20th: Tips to make your Redesign go Smoothly
- March 22nd: Tag: The Anonymous bookaholics
- March 27th: Relating to Characters: Is it necessary to enjoy a Book?
- Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews talks about her Aromanticism.
- Reg @ She Latitude gives us a Commenting on posts 101.
- Ava @ Bookishness & Tea gathered a massive list of diverse book bloggers.
- Puput @ Sparkling Letters posted another Diversity corner, this time about Asian Representation.
- cw @ Read Think Ponder talks about characters with Difficult Names.
- Aimal @ Bookshelves and Paperbacks recommends some Bollywood movies.
I still suck at blog-hopping.
See, told you last month I would catch up! Now, I’m right on track with my 3 books a month for the challenge. Although, now that I’m almost done with review copies, I’m pretty sure I can do a lot more than that. Plus, this month I read for of these, that’s how I caught up, so it’s totally doable.
I don’t know? I’m gonna wing it like a boss, that’s what’s gonna happen. I still have to figure out the month’s discussions since I’ve been short on those ones lately but I got a few ideas a couple of days ago so I just need to figure out my schedule. I also have a lot of reviews on hold and if I get around to writing all of them I might start posting 2 reviews a week or something like that, because THEY NEED TO GET OUT OF THE WAY.
Reading wise, I’m reading the last of my arcs this month which I’m SO unbelievably excited about, they all sound so amazing. So maybe after that, I’ll actually get to read the ebooks I own? Maybe. I’m also going to beta read a friend’s book which I’ve been ridiculously excited about which they have seen so they finally asked me to do it and I couldn’t refuse because I NEED THE FLOOF.
Lastly, I’m really hoping to pick up a Sensitivity project this month because I really need it, even though I’m not holding my breath haha. Anyway, if you could share my page, I’d forever be grateful.
That’s it until next time.
Did you read any of these books? What did you think of them?
What books did you read this month? Oh! And if you have any posts you think I should check out, leave them in the comments.
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.