Hello guys !
Long time, no see! Well, if you missed my hiatus post, you might not have noticed that I was gone. At all. Because reviews were still going up, but I haven’t written ANYTHING that isn’t a review in 2 months and haven’t visited other blogs in more than that. But, I’m back now, so HI ! How do we do this blogging thing?
It’s more like “Life these past two months” but let’s pretend that’s what the header says.
Anyway, as per usual, exam period was hell, too much stress, too much studying, too little sleep, too little me time. But now, I’m back to my normal, happy self. I actually still have a lab test tomorrow but that one doesn’t require much studying so I consider myself done.
This semester was the hardest so far (and it only gets harder from now on *gulps*) but weirdly enough, this is the most satisfied and proud of myself I ever came out of any finals, I studied my butt off and it actually paid off. As of right now, I’m still catching up on sleep and doing literally nothing. I’m not even joking when I say that I spent the past couple of days in bed doing stuff that doesn’t require getting up, like reading, watching tv shows and the like.
As good as I was with my blogging hiatus (it’s not like I had a choice) I was AWFUL with my twitter hiatus especially for the last couple of weeks when I was tired beyond what I could take so I would sneek on there whenever I had a few minutes to breathe -or even instead of studying.
While I was away, the blog reached 800 followers and is still growing so if you’ve stuck around or are new around here, thank you ❤
- The Paths we Choose – Cute romance, relatable MC, sexy.
- The Seafarer’s Kiss – Little mermaid, exciting, fast-paced, , HAVAMAL.
- Simon vs. the Homosapiens Agenda – ADORABLEOMG, Oreos, friendship goals, happy.
- The Young Elites – Dark, slow, villain origin story.
- Maha, Ever After – Honest, hilarious, real, amazing relationships
- The Forty Rules of Love – Insightful, selfish MC, sufism, slow.
- The Melody of You and Me – SOCUTEICRY, steamy, artistic girls, love.
I also beta read my friend, mason’s book #EnbyLoveStory and let me tell you IT’S EXTRAORDINARY, no joke, one of the cutest, most important contemporaries I’ve ever read. Their writing is amazing and the story is just so raw and beautiful.
- The Rose Society – Even darker, shit happens, AAAH.
- Haven – Sassy woman, broody man, smut.
- Future Leaders of Nowhere – Cute, competitive characters, ableist.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Addictive, likeable MC, amazing sisterhood.
- Lambs Can Always Become Lions – ESTABLISHED RELATIONSHIP, kickass characters, fightssss.
- Under a Painted Sky – Beautiful, engaging, best friendship, happy ending.
- The Upside of Unrequited – THEBEST, funny, real, wonderful characters.
- Not if I see you First – Brutally honest MC, character development.
Titles = Goodreads page
- The Paths we Choose – M. Hollis
- How to Make a Wish – Ashley Herring Blake
- The Seafarer’s Kiss – Julia Ember
- Out on Good Behavior – Dahlia Adler
- Noteworthy – Riley Redgate
- Girl out of Water – Laura Silverman
- A Conjuring of Light – V. E. Schwab
- History is All you Left me – Adam Silvera
- When Dimple Met Rishi – Sandhya Menon
- Simon vs. the Homosapiens Agenda – Becky Albertalli
- The Young Elites – Marie Lu
- Maha, Ever After – Sumayya Lee
- The Melody of You and Me – M. Hollis
Title = Review
I’m sooo proud of how well I’m doing, I have 21 squares down and a completed line. I also have a bunch more books lined up for next month that will check some other boxes -and obviously the ones after. I’m also proud of the fact that I finally figured out how to make my sheet look decent and not all blurry when I fill it haha.
Since I was away I don’t have any posts to show you, for obvious reasons.
I’m very excited for life and reading in June. First of all, for the whole month, I will participating in #Ramadanreadathon and reading book by muslim authors exclusively. I’ll be making a whole post dedicated to this in a few days so keep an eye out for it, for more details, links to everything and my TBR. And since that’s all I will be reading in June, there won’t be a TBR in this post because I want it to be with the next one.
June is also Pride Month, so if you can, read a few LGBTQ+ books this month and try prioritizing #ownvoices. I sadly won’t be reading any because June coincides with Ramadan which is our holy month and I will be prioritizing religious duties, so I can’t take on both the readathon AND other books (in this case, books for pride month). I’m a little bummed about it, but I read LGBTQ+ books all year around so I’ll be making up for it afterwards. Oh, I’ll actually be beta reading an f/f fantasy once I’m done with the books for the readathon so that’s at least one, right? haha.
My blog schedule will be a bit messy this month, with 4 posts a week, on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday so that I’m able to post both the reviews that are already scheduled and the ones for the books I’ll be reading for the readathon and that way I can catch up with my reading pace as well. But starting next month, things will be back to 3 posts a week with a slight change in schedule which I will get to in the next wrap up.
That’s it until next time.
Did you read any of these books? What did you think of them?
What books did you read these past couple of months? Any new Favorites?
Oh! And if you have any posts you think I should check out, leave them in the comments.
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.
- Book Blogging
- Future Leaders of Nowhere
- Lambs Can Always Become Lions
- Maha Ever After
- Not if I see you first
- Simon vs. the Homo sapiens Agenda
- The Forty Rules of Love
- The Melody of You and Me
- The Paths We Choose
- The Rose Society
- The Seafarer's Kiss
- The Upside of Unrequited
- The Young Elites
- To All the Boys I've Loved Before
- Under a Painted Sky