Hello guys !
This month was a very weird one for yours truly. Full of ups, downs and surprising, all of which were so freaking exhausting because I just couldn’t keep up. Which means my reading suffered considering how much free time I had.
This was my first month of summer vacation and although I didn’t have school I was still highly stressed waiting for exam results as well as for some personal reasons that you might know of if follow me on Twitter. That being said, Ramadan was very welcome because this month would’ve been much worse to handle if I didn’t have that to focus on and try my best to do good at.
Then my exam results were out on the 15th and the week after was a week from hell. So here’s how it went. Remember I had told you I did super well on my exams and was proud of myself, right? Well all my results showed it but one. ONE. They gave me an 8.75/20 which wasn’t enough to pass and said I had to resit it. I just couldn’t understand for the life of me how that happened, I felt cheated and defeated. Luckily, I had friends by my side (IRL and on the internet) who were there for me and gave me strength so I requested that my paper be regraded and they realized they made a FREAKING MISTAKE so now I don’t have to resit it. And I am so happy about that because as much as I actually loved the subject I don’t think I had it in me to study again.
That was the traumatizing event of the month. After that I went to my aunt’s house in Marrakech for Eid celebrations, ate lots of yummy food, well no my family had the food because my stomach was (and still is) upset because I’m lactose intolerant and had whole milk Starbucks.
There’s also some other stuff that is a little too personal to share on here but it’s stuff that makes me very happy so YAY.
- Written in the Stars – Raw, real, extreme, heartbreaking, hopeful.
- She Wore Red Trainers – Halal love story, alienating, meh.
- An Ember in the Ashes – Favorite, amazing, action packed, FEELS.
- When Michael Met Mina – Iconic, best issue deconstruction, hard.
Ok so even if quantity wise this wasn’t the greatest, it was fantastic quality wise. As you can see I loved nearly all of them and I can’t even express how much all of those 5 star reads mean to me, all for different reasons. All of these were for Ramadan Readathon which was lots of fun to do and I hope I can participate next year as well.
Other than those, I read 2 unpublished books, both of which are written by friends of mine and both of which were amazing !! Which rounds it up to 6 books and that number isn’t too bad haha.
- Future Leaders of Nowhere – Emily O’Beirne
- Written in the Stars – Aisha Saeed
- Haven – Rebekah Weatherspoon
- The Rose Society – Marie Lu
- Lambs Can Always Become Lions – Charlotte A. Hamilton
- She Wore Red Trainers – Naima B. Robert
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Jenny Han
- Under a Painted Sky – Stacey Lee
- An Ember in the Ashes – Sabaa Tahir
- Friday 2nd: Ramadan Readathon TBR and 20+ recommendations
- Monday 5th: Do Reviewers have a responsibility towards Readers?
- Friday 16th: Tag: The Shocker Book Tag
- Monday 19th: What makes People come back to a Blog?
- Monday 26th: When Social Media turns Toxic
- Mikaela @ The Well Thumbed Reader talks blogging tips for new bloggers.
- Ava @ Bookishness and Tea recommends ownvoices books for Pride Month (which you can also read once the month is over).
- Lauren @ Wonderless Reviews offers blogging design tips.
I haven’t been awesome at bloghopping but I’m getting there, okay?
I’m pretty proud of my progress on this one, not gonna lie. I added 4 books this month which I was planning on getting 5 but since I couldn’t get Saints & Misfits the 5th didn’t happen.
Hopefully I lot more blog-hopping and presence in the community in general, I feel like I’ve been neglecting it and I’m sad about that. I’m also going back to my normal blogging schedule of 3 posts a week, but with a slight change:
- Monday: Discussion
- Wednesday: Miscellaneous (extra-review, tag, award, recommendations, etc…)
- Friday: Review
I also have a very promising (and a little too ambitious TBR) and I haven’t been excited about reading so many books in a long time so YAY !
Last but not least, my friend Charlotte and I made and Instagram account (@diverseaesthetics) where we share aesthetics for books we’ve read and I’ll be sharing some of mine with the corresponding reviews. I’ll love you forever if you follow it *hugs*.
That’s it until next time.
Did you read any of these books? What did you think of them?
What books did you read this month? Oh! And if you have any posts you think I should check out, leave them in the comments.
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.