Hello guys !
How is it the end of summer already? I don’t wanna!!! I’m not ready to go back to stress and studying nonstop and just. Sigh. I’m here to wrap another month up, a month that was quite good reading wise.
Not gonna lie, August was pretty rough, mentally exhausting which I’d rather not talk about but I’ve been feeling better this past week or so. I also have some health issues with put me in an even worse state AND sent my anxiety on high alert. None of it is too bad, they’re just things I’d rather not be dealing with.
I got back into drawing and painting and made two pieces this month that I was pretty happy with even if I can’t stop seeing the flaws everywhere haha, I gotta take it easy on myself. I also discovered that making aesthetics does wonders for me when my anxiety skyrockets so I’ve been making lots of those over on Twitter lately.
Other than this, I really don’t have anything new, the month was pretty uneventful if you cross out the things mentionned above. One thing I’m proud of is how I was able to keep up with my blog even though I didn’t have internet for two weeks this month.
- Illegal Contact – Smutty, swoony, snarky, MY SHIPPER HEART.
- The Hollow Girl – Magic, horror, revenge, gore, omg.
- Dear Martin – Powerful, deconstructs racism, must read.
- There’s someone Inside your house – Romance, where’s the horror though?
- The Epic Crush of Genie Lo – Hilarious, cute, action packed, badass.
- Walking on Knives – This story doesn’t make sense.
- The Tiger’s Watch – Genderfluid MC, great potential, lacking.
- Warcross – Mindblowing, MY FEELS, I need answers.
- Mask of Shadows – Solid base, lacking in some areas
I read 9 books this month which I’m freaking proud of. Granted, one is a short story, but still it’s awesome, especially since I was in a slump last month. All of these were arcs because I was participating in #ARCAugust and I was super helpful to help me get through my arcs quicker.
- Trade Me – Courtney Milan
- The Lady of Royale Street – Thea De Salle
- Illegal Contact – Santino Hassell
- The Epic Crush of Genie Lo – F. C. Yee
- The Tiger’s Watch – Julia Ember
- August 2nd: #TheReadingQuest sign-up post.
- August 7th: Navigating Discussion Posts.
- August 9th: Award: Sunshine Blogger Award.
- August 12th: 1000 Followers: Q&A Announcement.
- August 14th: #DiverseBookbloggersDiscuss: The YA community from the eyes of a YA
- August 19th: 1000 Followers: Q&A + Giveaway (which is still going).
- August 21st: Teens in the YA community: Experiences + Recommendations.
- August 23rd: Word Wonders’ TBR Expansion: Books with Black MCs.
- August 29th: #DiverseBookbloggersDiscuss: Glasses -or lack there of- in books.
- Aimal @ Bookshelves and Paperbacks talks thoroughly about Why we need Diverse Books
- Cam @ Boricuan Bookworms writes a Smut 101 post that’s equally informative and hilarious.
- Jessi @ Bibliojessi gives 5 reasons why she loves the YA community.
- Alexa @ The Words off the Page writes a super helpful College Survival Guide.
- Alice @ Arctic Books lists 25 books with bisexual protagonists.
- CW @ Read Think Ponder shares what she’s learnt from 5 years at University.
Hmm. My board is unchanged from last month because none of the arcs I had fit the squares. Oh well, better luck next month.
I’m going back to school + hospital rotations in a little over a week which I’m thrilled but super nervous about because the program this semester (and year really) is super busy and I’ll start having night shifts. One thing I’m ridiculously excited about is my pediatrics rotation because that’s what I’m most interested in out of all specialties. So, WISH ME LUCK.
Which means I will be spending considerably less time on Twitter and my bloghopping might go back to sucking again but ya know, a girl’s got to have her priorities straight. I really need to focus on school this year because otherwise I will struggle. That being said my blogging schedule will stay the same, unless I see that I can’t juggle everything life related AND blogging, then, I might think up some alternative plan. But for now, things will stay the same.
Ok so, Six of Crows is a reread, and I’m already almost half way through A Game of Thrones. So, this should be doable, right? Oh, I will also be reading a friend’s story which I’m sooo excited about.
That’s it until next time.
Did you read any of these books? What did you think of them?
What books did you read this month? Oh! And if you have any posts you think I should check out, leave them in the comments.
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.