Hello guys !
So, hmmm…. life happened this month. I expected things to get out of hand with rotations and classes but I didn’t expect it to be so all consuming. This has been my worst reading month in 2 years but I’m not mad about it. Life was otherwise good.
This month was pretty pretty good aside some drama. I’ve been incredibly busy, spending 75% doing something school related, either on rounds, checking up patients, or at school and studying for all my gazillion classes. Okay, I’m exaggerating. I only have 6 classes but they’re HUMONGOUS programs, you guys can’t imagine how much material we have to memorize. I’ve never been this stressed this early in the semester so my friends and I spend most of our free time at the school library studying.
My rotations are also going well, I only have a week left in my neurosurgery departement before I move on to the next and I learnt so so much from it. I’m grateful for everyone who thought us things. I got to see a couple surgeries from upclose which was quite the experience.
This means all other aspects of my life have taken a backseat. I still manage blogging on the weekends, bloghopping is a failure because wow where is the time and let’s not start with reading, I was either too busy or too exhausted to read most of the time. I also had a sensitivity read I worked on half the month so that also took out of my leisure reading time.
I don’t have time to paint or draw anymore. And I’m strangely okay. More than okay, actually, I’m happy. My friends and I have been joined at the hip since school started haha, we’ve been hanging out a lot and it’s been loads of fun. I also reconnected with someone that means a lot to me and that was really good for me this month.
- Bone – Poetry, poignant, not a favorite.
- Sanctuary – Swoony, grumpy man, strong woman.
- Not Your Sidekick – Hilarious, silly but meaningful, CUTE.
So yeah, I read 3 books in total which is unheard of knowing me. BUT I also was reading a Manuscript slowly and annotating it for almost 2 weeks so it makes for 4 books total. I’m also almost done with a 5th but couldn’t finish it fast enough to include it here.
- There’s Someone Inside Your House – Stephanie Perkins DNF
- Mask of Shadows – Linsey Miller
- Warcross – Marie Lu
- Walking on Knives – Maya Chhabra
- Bone – Yrsa Daley-Ward
- Sactuary – Rebekah Wheatherspoon
- Not Your Sidekick – C. B. Lee
- September 4th: Muslim representation I want more of.
- September 11th: #TheReadingQuest wrap-up post.
- September 13th: Tag: The Book Aesthetics.
- September 18th: How to approach reviewers?
- September 25th: #DBBD: When Depression rep does more harm than good.
- September 27th: Word Wonders’ TBR Expansion: Books with Latinx MCs
- Tasha @ Cats and Paperbacks talks about how sexuality isn’t a spoiler.
- Rea @ Dead Writers’ Club discusses the double standard between white heroines and heroines of color.
- CW @ Read, Think, Ponder gives college kids tips to ace studying and assignements.
- Mikaela @ The Well-thumbed Reader gives eleven tips to grow your blog.
- A.J @ Lacy Literacy made a guide to LGBTQ+ book spine colors for bookstagram rainbows.
- Avery @ The Book Deviant made a post about there being more than LGT in the queer community.
I’M STARTING TO FALL BEHIND ON THIS. SOBS. SEND HELP. I am going to make it my priority this next few months to finish this. I actually know what books I’m reading, it’s just a matter of getting to them. Sigh. Why is life so busy?
I literally have no idea because my life is so unpredictable these days. I will obviously try my damn hardest to keep up with the blog on the weekends because at this point, I don’t even dream about picking my laptop up for anything but school.
Other than that, more rotations, more classes and hopefully more reading than this month? I don’t know haha, I can’t promise that will happen.
That’s it until next time.
Did you read any of these books? What did you think of them?
What books did you read this month? Oh! And if you have any posts you think I should check out, leave them in the comments.
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.