So another month has come and gone and it’s suddenly november… WHAT? Like, we’re two months away from the end of 2017 (which was a trashfire, mind you) and my brain genuinely can’t compute. HOW DID IT GO SO FAST? Anyway, I will keep freaking out internally and get on with this wrap-up.
Same old, same old I guess? I have more work, I’m more stress and sleep less than last month but that was too be expected considering how fast work accumulates. But that’s okay -no it’s not send help. One thing that changed is my rotation, I changed on the 11th from Neurosurgery (the love of my life) to Oncology which… we don’t do much there. All the work is too specialized and complicated so it all falls back on residents and attendings.
I applied for a month long exchange in Prague which I’m on the right track to get but I’m still worried I won’t get it and if I don’t I will be a sad bean. I would get another location but I have a whole plan worked out around Prague that’s a whole load of fun. I’ll find out if I got it on November 10th and until then please please please keep your fingers crossed for me. Thank you ❤
OH!! And I got three books in the mail this month which I’m so freaking excited about, you don’t even understand. First is Wild Beauty which I already devoured, I got it from the author who is my all time favorite AND I actually am mentioned in the acknowledgments which made me cry. Then we have We Both Die at the End that my amazing friend Maé @ Read with Maé got for me and last not least a signed arc of Hate, Love and Other Filters that Mana, another friend of mine was very kind to pass on to me.
Other than that life has been the same as I said, I got back into a steady reading rythm. I’m not back to 100% just yet but I’m getting there. I also miss painting and I’m trying to figure out how to get back to it with my wild Schedule especially since I have an idea for a couple pieces.
- 27 Hours – Queer babies, colonialism, lotsa issues.
- Not your Villain – Amazing characterization, fast-paced, THE SHIPS.
- Tash Hearts Tolstoy – Character driven, needs something, enjoyable.
- Wild Beauty – MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK I’VE EVER READ..
- Hold me – Maria my love, struggles, FAVORITE.
I’m almost back to my 6 books a month which I’m not sure I’m going to go back to before the new year but WE’LL SEE. I also am done with my Goodreads challenge of reading 60 books and I’m at 62 now.
- The Hollow Girl – Hillary Monahan
- Dear Martin – Nic Stone
- 27 Hours – Tristina Wright
- Not Your Villain – C. B. Lee
- Tash Hearts Tolstoy – Kathryn Ormsbee
- October 2nd: My Bullet Journal Set-up.
- October 9th: #DBBD: Seeking a home – A Call for Adoption narratives in fiction.
- October 11th: Award: The Sunshine Blogger.
- October 16th: How do I do it all? Studying, blogging, life, etc…
- October 23rd: #DBBD: The Book community – My Gateway to books that represent me.
- October 25th: Word Wonders’ TBR Expansion: Books with anxiety representation
- October 30th: Books are more than “just books”.
I FINALLY added Something to the sheet this month !! Three books and I’m honestly not sure anymore whether I’ll be able to finish the whole board *cries* but I’m gonna try my damn hardest.
Here again, I have no freaking clue. I’m just going with the flow and trying my best to balance everything and avoiding that it all crashes and burns.
I’m also waiting on a couple book packages and I hope they make it home safely haha, they usually always do but I keep stressing over it somhow.
That’s it until next time.
Did you read any of these books? What did you think of them?
What books did you read this month? Oh! And if you have any posts you think I should check out, leave them in the comments.
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.