Hello friends !
I know, I KNOW this post is like a month and a half late BUT as we all know, I was on hiatus in January so really, there wasn’t any other time I could’ve posted it. This year was amazing blogging and reading wise, my blog growth was steady, I read great books, blogged about them and about other topics that are dear and near to my heart, etc etc. I don’t have much else to say haha (a first, I know) so without further ado, let’s dive into this year’s summary.
Here’s the one from last year if you fancy a comparaison.
- Number of visits: 25.269
- Number of unique visitors: 13.950
- Number of WP followers: 1.228
Most popular Posts
- Rebel of the Sands – When Desert Snowflake meets lack of research. *
- 27 Hours – Queer Babies take over space but… Colonialism.
- Word Wonder’s TBR expansion: Books with Bisexual Main Characters.
- Teens in the YA community: Experiences + Recommendations.
- Why Don’t I See Myself? Muslim representation in books.
*I wrote this one in 2016 but it got ten times the attention it got then. Literally.
Apparently y’all love negative reviews lol.
My Favorite Posts
- Content Warnings are Necessary.
- Why is Diversity Important?
- Reviewing Books outside your lane.
- When Social Media Turns Toxic.
- How to Approach Reviewers (dos and don’ts)
Book bloggers I discovered and loved
Mariam @ Mariam’s Yummy Books – Rea @ Dead Writers’ Club – Laura @ Green Tea & Paperbacks – Lili @ Utopia State of Mind – Romie @ Romie We Deserve Love – Wendy @ What the Log had to Say – Janani @ The Shrinkette – Angharad @ Two Book Thieves. – May @ Forever and Everly
(I’ll make it my mission this year to discover new blogs because we all knows how much I sucked at keeping up with the blogosphere in 2017)
Classic me, I gave up on the reading challenge I was doing haha. I was doing the diversity bingo challenge but then gave up on it near the end of the year because 1/ I can’t afford to buy books to complete it and 2/ I started seeing a few issues with the concept and wasn’t comfortable with it anymore.
- Number of Books read: 78 (GR says 74 but I’ve read a few unpublished thingies)
- Number of re-reads: 2 (Six of Crows – I Wish You All the Best Ben De Backer)
- Number of pages: 22.088
- Average rating: 3.8 stars
- Top 3 Genres: Contemporary (31) – Fantasy (18) – Romance (12)
- Series Completed: 2 (I’ve done worse than I thought omg)
I made a post dedicated to them so you can find them here. And let me tell you, I had the HARDEST time narrowing it down and I clearly did a poor job at keeping it to a reasonnable number.
Favourite new authors/ new to me
- Stacey Lee
- S. A. Chakraborty
- C. B. Lee
- Becky Albertalli
- Sabaa Tahir
Books with Beautiful Prose
Funnily enough the 3 books with the best covers are the 3 books with the most beautiful prose.
Books that made me laugh
Book that made me cry
Book with #Squadgoals
Books with my OTPs
- Jay and Maria from Hold Me.
- Daisy and Molly from Second Kiss.
- Elias and Laia from An Ember in the Ashes (and they’re not even together in this book).
- Rhy and Alucard from A Conjuring of Light.
I noticed that I don’t ship as much as I used to haha. I mean, couples in books are cute and all but they rarely leave a lasting impression.
Mendatory Reading for everyone
That’s it until next time.
How Did your Reading and Blogging year go?
How Many Books Did you Read? And Which Books belong in these categories for you?
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.