You’re not dreaming, I’M POSTING A WRAP-UP!!! I haven’t posted one since… uh… June. So, three months. Well, to be fair, I’ve barely done any blogging since then. But anyway, I’M HERE AND BACK AT IT. This month was actually and objectively a good one on all fronts!
I started school and hospital rotations on September 11th and eventhough that first week of readjusting was ROUGH, now that I’ve gotten back into the swing of thing it’s a lot more manageable. I love most my classes, especially psychiatry and legal medicine (autopsy and author death and crime related stuff) and my dermatology rotation I had during the last three weeks was absolutely amazing, I wouldn’t choose that as my specialty but I learned so much. I started a new one today (Ophtalmology) so we shall see how it’ll go.
As you might have noticed, I’m easing my way back into blogging. I’m not as strict about my schedule as I used to be, for most of this month, I only posted twice a week instead of three times and that’s for two reasons:
- My mental health is still not all that great. Don’t get me wrong, I’m moons and moons better than when I took the impromptu hiatus in the summer, but there as some days when I don’t feel like reading, or blogging, or doing anything that requires energy. My anxiety especially has been especially bad for no obvious reason (???) so I didn’t want to add to it.
- I got behind in books that I had set myself to review and instead of beating myself over it, I just didn’t post and it honestly felt great. Since I started three years ago, if I got anything even close to being behind my schedule I’d start stressing and rushing and that sucked the fun out of it. So I decided to stop doing that for my own sanity.
This year is my last year of classes (not of medschool though, I still have two years of full time hospital practice before I graduate) and it’s gonna be stressful all on its own so I’m gonna be as chill about my blog as possible without completely neglecting it.
I read seven books this month, which is an amount I haven’t read since…June and I’m SO HAPPY! I know I could’ve read more but like I said, I’m taking a more chill approach and only reading when I feel like it. Also. I reread The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. Again. Don’t judge me.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo – Y’all already know what I think.
- Blanca & Roja – Magical, heartbreaking, heartmending, soft girls.
- Finding Yvonne – Losing passion, messy but good.
- The Navigator’s Touch – Norse mythology, vikings, adventure, revenge.
- The Brightsiders – Queer galor, explores abuse, fun.
- Sadie – Haunting, fucked me up, hopeful.
- The Diviners – Creepy, engaging, supernatural, ghost, racist*
*uses negroes as descriptive for black people a few times.
- Seafire – Natalie C. Parker
- Darius the Great is Not Okay – Adib Khorram
- Leah on the Offbeat – Becky Albertalli
- The Navigator’s Touch – Julia Ember
- Sadie – Courtney Summers
- September 3rd: Being Candid: Where I’ve Been.
- September 5th: Tag: The 20 questions tag.
- September 10th: #DBBD: Where are all the British Pakistani authors in YA?
- September 17th: Author/Reviewer interaction etiquette – Part 2.
- September 24th: #DBBD: Exclusivity and #Bookstagram.
Hopefully, I’ll stick to my three posts a week this month? And even if I don’t that’s okay, I’ll just try my best to put out as much quality content as I can. I should catch up with reviewing though, because I already have two reviews I scheduled a while back going up so I should be able to read ahead of schedule.
Other than that, I will be including two bimonthly features/memes to my blog I saw floating around. I’ll be alternating between Down the TBR Hole (Because my TBR is yikes) and 5 Star Predictions and I’m really excited about them so I hope you all like my contribution to them. I’m also hoping to bring back favourite posts in the blogosphere but don’t hold me up to that.
Shhhh… I know I said no more TBRs for me but I GOT STRESSEDT. I need structure in my life and to have a visual of what I want/need to read during the month otherwise I either slack or have an existensial crisis trying to figure out what to read next. These are just what I’m in the mood for now or arcs I need read this month but like I said, I’m all about not putting pressure on myself so if I’m not in the mood for a book by the time I get to it, I’m not reading it. This is just to quell the anxiety and have books to pick from.
That’s it until next time.
Did you read any of these books? What did you think of them? What books did you read this month?
Oh! And if you have any posts you think I should check out, leave them in the comments.
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.