HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! This year was A DECADE LONG, and I’m so glad it’s finally over. December has had some ups and lows but it was mostly studying, AND my birthday at some point in that jumble, but we’ll get to that in due time!
I…don’t know what happened this past month, to be quite honest? I know that my mental health has been steadily better, I had to make some decisions that were a long time coming and that I was pushing off but they were ultimately better for my anxiety. So, YAY about taking difficult steps towards recovery. I still have bad days but they’re a lot less frequent than they used to be, so I call that a win!
I’ve been studying like nobody’s business, gynecology kind of fried my brain but my emergency/anesthesiology exam went well, I still have three exams going until January 18th and I cannot wait to be done. Seriously, just to sleep. And not study for a day or two. And read non-stop. Wild plans, AM I RIGHT? The only thing making this rythme bearable is the fact that I only have ONE semester left of this misery, and then I’m done with finals forever. This also means I spent my birthday studying, it wasn’t a great day to be honest, not even a good one, I was in a car accident, I’m fine, my car is fine, it’ll need some repairs but it’s drivable for the time being. But that whole debacle rattled me and I was in a funk for the rest of the day.
This month again, two great things happened: 1/ Zayn’s Icarus Falls released and I’ve been listening to it in alternance with LM5 since the day it was released, I’M OBSESSED. And and and, best thing is 2/ I GOT A NEW BOOKSHELF!!! It’s more like closet/bookshelf unit that I designed and got custom made and it’s everything I wanted it to be and everything that’s been just lying around my room without a designated space is now nicely tucked in and my room is the most organized its ever been because I got to deep clean it and put everything where it’s supposed to be.
Um?? Christmas Miracle? (even though I don’t celebrate) but I read 14 BOOKS this month!!! That’s the most I’ve read in a month in my teen/adult life, which means I also broke 100 books this years and I’m BEYOND proud of myself.
Title = Goodreads page
- Merry Inkmas – Cute, festive, soft, tattoo artist.
- If We Were Villains – Intriguing, kind of disappointing, shakspearian.
- The Love and Lies of Rukhsana Ali – Muslim lesbian, emotional, tough read.
- Soft in the Middle – Soft, sapphic, heartmending, stunning cover.
- The Black Gods Drums – Novella, afro-futuristic, fast paced, interesting.
- Daisy Jones and the Six – One long interview, very disappointing.
- Dear Rachel Maddow – Everyone is gay, coming-of-age, friendship.
- A Princess in Theory – Fairytale like, STEM heroine, royalty.
- Days of Blood and Starlight – Boring, rape for shock value.
- Internment – Horrifying, heartbreaking, Samira did it again.
- One True Loves – Asks the right questions about love.
- From Scratch – Polyamorous relationship, fun, a little underdeveloped.
- Sweet on the Greek – New favourite, HOT, fake dating.
- Bad for the Boss – Intense, age gap, office romance.
Book Title = Review
- Passionate Rivals – Radclyffe
- American Panda – Gloria Chao
- Ace of Shades – Amanda Foody
- Merry Inkmas – Talia Hibbert
- The Black God’s Drums – P. Djèli Clark
- December 3rd: #Ownvoices: Its purpose and limitations.
- December 10th: My 40+ Most anticipated releases of 2019: January to June.
- December 12th: 5 Star Predictions: Authors I know and love.
- December 17th: Wrapping-up 2018: Most disappointing reads of the year.
- December 24th: Wrapping up 2018: Favourite reads of the year.
- December 26th: Turning 22. Twent-two things I’ve learnt this past year.
A continuation of the end/start of the year posts, with my yearly wrap-up and my goals for 2019 as well as reflecting on my 2018 goals, which…I have no idea how I did on, and I’m scared to check…oops? And since my exams will officially be done I’m hoping I will be able to answer all the lovely comments I got on my posts from this month, especially those from my birthday post, know I’ve read each and every one and they made me tear up, I just don’t have time to reply now, but I promise I will before the end of January! And maybe blog-hopping will be happening as well? I have A LOT to catch up on!
I’m celebrating my 3rd blog anniversary in January, (I! Can’t! Believe!) so to mark that milestone I want to do a Q&A since it’s been a while since I’ve done one of those. Leave me bookish, blogging, personal, professional (?), etc… questions in the comments and I’ll make sure to answer all of them in the post!
I’m dedicating January to rereading some of my all time favourite books!! I really wanted to start the year on a good note and what better ways than to revisit book that mean the world to me! The most fun about this, is that I read all of these, except Mirage, as ebooks, so now I get to read the physical copies and bookmark all my favourite parts, I’M SO EXCITED! I’m also planning on annotating my arc of Mirage, now that I have…um… three editions of the finished book *hides* as well as my copy of When Breath Becomes Air because that book taught me so much when I was first starting out my medschool journey and now I’m almost done.
BEFORE YOU GO!! Please leave some questions for me to answer down below! THANK YOU ❤
That’s it until next time.
Did you read any of these books? What did you think of them? What books did you read this month?
Oh! And if you have any posts you think I should check out, leave them in the comments.
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.