I’m honestly so proud of myself for getting these yearly wrap-up posts on time for the first time since I started blogging! I was determined to not take a hiatus even with exams around and I HAVE SUCCEEDED, some posts take me multiple days to write but at least I didn’t neglect my blog completely AND stayed on schedule. Like the title picture says I had an amazing reading year, I discovered audiobooks, read more than I have ever before and added some new all time favourites to my forever growing list. But my blogging SUFFERED, but eh, I decided to stop being hard on myself for that and just try to do better moving forward.
- Number of visits: 27.866
- Number of unique visitors: 15.077
- Number of posts: 106
- Number of WP followers: 1.704
- Number of Twitter followers: 3.598
- Number of Instagram followers: 934
To be completely transparent with you all, I was very close to not sharing these. The past couple years my blog was in steady growth and I was super proud of it, but with my health going downhill and me losing my love for blogging for a while this year, my stats and blog growth suffered a lot. My stats are barely more than what they were last year. But hey, I’ve always been honest with you all, and just because I don’t like my growth much this year -or lack there of, doesn’t mean I’ll hide it.
And I know everything is relative so these may be a lot for some and not much for others. So it’s not the numbers themselves I’m a little sad about but more the fact that there was no noticeable progression after a whole year. Because between 2016 and 2017, I had almost doubled my numbers.
Most popular Posts
- The Midnight Star – The ending that feels detached from the series.
- Author/Reviewer Interaction etiquette – Part I.
- Word Wonders’ TBR expansion: Books with main F/F pairings.
- #Ownvoices: Its purpose and limitations.
- Navigating the book community as a person of color.
My Favourite Posts
Both the #Ownvoices and Navigating the community posts are some of my favourites I wrote this year but for the sake of not repeating them, I’ll choose 5 new ones.
- 22. Twenty two things I’ve learnt this past year.
- Let’s Get you started on Audiobooks ft. Recommendations.
- How books helped me acknowledge my trauma.
- Mirage – The Book of my Moroccan Heart.
- My New Adult Frustrations.
Most of these were written in the past few months, which, is when I found my love for blogging again, and I started feeling proud of my content again.
Book bloggers I discovered and loved
Lily @ Sprinkles of Dreams – cw @ The Quiet Pond – Lu @ It’s Lu Again – Vicky @ Vicky Who Reads – Jen @ Pop! Goes the Reader – Elizabeth @ Redgal Musings – Destiny @ Howling Libraries – Melanie @ Mel to the Any – Marta @ The Cursed Books
I thought my reading was pretty mediocre to be honest, but then I looked back at my stats to make this post and I realized I had a pretty darn amazing reading year, it’s just me who wasn’t doing super well lol. I discovered so many new all-time favourite books, books that I’ll cherish forever and ever. So yeah, I’d say that it was great, if you factor me out of it.
- Number of pages: 33.309
- Number of books: 102
- Number of re-reads: 4 (The City of Brass, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo -twice, Crooked Kingdom)
- Average rating: 3.75 stars
- Age groups:
- Series Completed: 7 (I’m also caught up on most the ones I’m currently reading so YAY!)
Like always, I made a post dedicated just for them, which you can read here!
I read a lot more disappointing books this year than I did last so I ended up making a dedicated post for these as well. This probably also factors in me thinking this reading year worse than it was.
Favourite new authors/ new to me
- Elizabeth Acevedo
- Somaiya Daud
- Talia Hibbert
- Alisha Rai
- Emily X. R. Pan
Books with Beautiful Prose
Books that made me laugh
Books that made me cry
Book with #Squadgoals
Books with my OTPs
- Sadia and Jackson from Wrong to Need You.
- Evelyn and Celia from The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.
- Hannah and Nate from Untouchable.
- Aria and Nik from Sweet on the Greek.
I’ve read a whole lot more romance this year than I did last so I had quite a few pairings that stuck with me to choose from.
Mendatory Reading for everyone
I don’t really believe in mandatory readings that apply to everyone because 1/ People have a lot of different tastes and 2/ People can get triggered by certain topics and therefore not be able to read certain books. Which is the case here, but what I mean by this is that the book chosen in this category is one that has important topics and has made the biggest impact on me.
That’s it until next time.
How Did your Reading and Blogging year go?
How Many Books Did you Read? And Which Books belong in these categories for you?
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.