I hope your year was off to a great start!! And if not, I hope the rest of it is a lot more gentle with you. Mine was actually pretty good life, amazing blogging wise, and decent reading wise (with some hick-ups).
This past month was actually…good? Well, save for the second week where I was so exhausted from exams that my mental health took a nosedive but that luckily only lasted for about a week until my exams ended and I had time to rest. A little. Basically my exams extended from December 19th to January 18th and I was studying for them for a month before that so it was a long stretch of time where I knew nothing but textbooks, so for that last week, I was just extremely bone tired and anxious. And er. Not good.
BUT, before and after then? My month was peaceful and good and I felt genuinely happy and excited to do things and make new friends at my new rotation and just…open to life, again? I guess. A few good things also happened, my highlights hands down was the fact that one of my bestest friends ever, Laura, put together a package for my birthday that contained a few goodies but most important of all was a notebook that had the sweetest message from some blogger friends and favourite authors (!!!!) and I just bawled my eyes out when I read it haha. I also got some awesome bookmail for my birthday (eventhough it was in December, our mail system is…slow) that was either a gift from me to myself or from other people.
My blog stats were also the best they have EVER been and I’m so? baffled? Especially since my best was a year ago and they have been plateauing ever since. It makes me so happy that now that I’m finding my love for blogging again and that I’m putting out content I actually like and am proud of, this is the result. It’s just so motivating and it warms my heart, so thank you ❤ I ALSO REACHED 1000 FOLLOWERS ON INSTAGRAM!!!! So this month was honestly just the gift that kept on giving and I’m very grateful that this was how my 2019 started.
I also took to poetry again, I only dabbled very briefly and wrote some bits and pieces but I did manage to write a full poem. I might start sharing some of it in a few months, MAYBE, when I feel secure enough in my writing and it doesn’t feel like such a fragile thing that I might lose again at any point.
I read 11 books which is a goddamned miracle considering that I’ll Give you the Sun put me in a slump and didn’t read for a whole week this month!!! I also went back to rotations and classes so my reading time was pretty limited and I’m proud of this number!!
- How to Make a Wish – Review.
- Blood Water Paint – Heartbreaking, empowering, written in verse.
- The Forbidden Wish – Review.
- The Brilliant Death – Lovable characters, lacking plot, predictable.
- When the Moon was Ours – Review.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo – Again. But in audiobook. Review.
- I’ll Give you the Sun – Ex-favorite but I hated it. Review.
- If you Come Softly – In verse, interracial relationship, soft.
- The Gilded Wolves – Characters to die for, PAAAAAIN.
- Under a Painted Sky – Review.
- Next Year in Havana – Politically charged, must-read, heartwrenching romances.
Book Title = Review
- A Princess in Theory – Alyssa Cole
- From Scratch – Katrina Jackson
- Sweet on the Greek – Talia Hibbert
- The Kingdom of Copper – S. A. Chakraborty
- The Love and Lies of Rukhsana Ali – Sabina Khan
- Bad for the Boss – Talia Hibbert
- January 2nd: 2018 Blogging and Reading Highlights.
- January 7th: New Year! New Goals!
- January 9th: Down the TBR Hole #2.
- January 14th: Tag: Characters of the Year.
- January 16th: My best friend picks my TBR.
- January 23rd: 6 Reasons I fell in Love with Rereading.
- January 28th: Word Wonders Turns THREE: I answer your questions!
#DIVERSEBOOKBLOGGERSDISCUSS is coming back!! If you were looking to apply during the last edition but missed your chance, now is the time!! I’m making few changements to it (mainly frequency and day of posting) but I’ll tell you all about it on Monday’s post so be on the look-out for that!!
I’m also planning a few posts I’m super excited about and I’m doing quite a few buddy-reads (3) and I’m super happy about that because I rarely, if ever, do them and that’s something I wanted to change this year. Also, I meant to bloghop this month but I was so busy catching up on my own blog that I didn’t??? But in February, expect me to bring back Favorite Posts from the Blogosphere, I’M DOING IT, FOLKS!
The books I’m buddy-reading are Summer Bird Blue with Lily @ Sprinkles of Dreams, Shadow and Bone with Tiff @ Read by Tiffany and Outrun the Moon with Laura @ Green Tea and Paperbacks. I also have an e-Arc for a poetry collection called Goddess of the Hunt by Shelby Eileen, which is very aroace and about Artemis so I’m HYPED, it doesn’t have a cover yet though, which explains why it’s not up there.
That’s it until next time.
Did you read any of these books? What did you think of them? What books did you read this month?
Oh! And if you have any posts you think I should check out, leave them in the comments.
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.