You are probably wondering, what in the hell is this? Well, FRET NOT, I will explain! Amazing bloggers and friends of mine, cw, Lily, Vicky and Shealea are hosting a year long reading challenge to celebrate books by Asian authors, especially with how many are getting released this year, with some fun prompts, challenges and chats that are also optional so it’s all very chill and low stakes. You can read all about it in the sign up post here.
I’ve been mulling over whether or not to participate for a couple weeks now, because I historically do not do well with reading challenges, I get bored and feel constricted by them which then makes me anxious and sucks the fun out of my reading and I give up on them. BUT THEN, I checked my physical TBR and I have over 10 books that are by Asian authors, and a few more on my ebook TBR as well as SO MANY 2019 releases, I’m anticipating. So whether or not I’m doing this challenge, I’m still going to read quite the few books by Asian authors, so why not do it, right? I’m not pushing myself to do anything I wasn’t already planning on doing!
This post will also serve as my update post so I’ll be adding to it whenever I read a book that counts for the challenge.
I REALLY want to aim for a Malayan Tapir (21 to 30) but since I’m keeping this relaxed, I’m officially aiming for an Indian Cobra (11 to 20) since I have around 12 to 15 books by Asian Authors on my immediate TBR, so it should be easily attainable.
(Some) Anticipated releases
Books I’ve read
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- From Twinkle, with Love by Sandhya Menon – ⭐⭐⭐.5
- Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee – ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- Graham’s Delicacies by Em Ali – ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- Small Town Hearts by Lillie Vale – ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Imagine Us Happy by Jennifer Yu – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Enchantée by Gita release – DNF @ 50%
- We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Love from A to Z by S. K. Ali – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Not Your Back Up by C.B. Lee – ⭐⭐⭐
- Destiny for Love Arranged by Vash Karuppa – DNF @ 12% (it was tedious so it counts ok)
- Tell Me How you Really Feel by Aminah Mae Safi – ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- Summer Bird Blue by Akemi Dawn Bowman – ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Ruse by Cindy Pon – ⭐⭐⭐.5
- The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai
This post was short but sweet! I’m very excited about this challenge and all the amazing book I’m going to read for it, if you’re able, PLEASE JOIN!
That’s it until next time.
Are you joining the challenge? If so, what are some of the books on your TBR?
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.