February has come and gone and I honestly can barely remember anything about it. It went by in such a weird daze that all I know is how stressed I was and how little I slept haha, but hopefully March will be better?
I PASSED MY SEMESTER BEFORE LAST OF CLASSES!!!! I was so relieved and proud of myself, especially with how hard I worked and how tired I was, only one semester to go until I’m free of this academic hell!
My rotation this month was the most stressful one I’ve had so far and WOW did it eat up my whole life. The attending was on our backs ALL. THE. TIME. I woke up extra early, went to bed extra late and barely had time for anything but studying and working which eeeh, took a toll on my mental health for a little while there in the middle of the month where all I could was stay afloat. It wasn’t fun y’all. Which led to me slumping HARD for a good two weeks and barely reading anything in that time span, and that explains why I didn’t read as much as I usually do. I didn’t even feel like listening to audiobooks, it’s a CRIME.
Luckily, I’m starting in a new department on Monday that’s a bit more relaxed so things should be going back to normal with my life.
As you might have guessed, that didn’t leave much time for anything else in my life so I don’t really have anything to talk about haha. It’s a miracle I managed to keep up with blogging at all, and I even have a headstart on March’s posts…Maybe I pushed myself a tiny bit too hard…And maybe that’s why my mental health wasn’t great for a little while. I’m literally just realizing this while I’m typing…MESS I know.
I also got some bookmail I was over the moon excited about, first is Soft on Soft by Em Ali which I BLURBED. YES, ME!!! And I’m so happy to own a physical copy. Then Hurts to Love you arrived which means I finally completed my Forbidden Hearts trilogy. And my finished copy of The Love and Lies of Rukhsana Ali, The Dead Queens’ Club and The Fever King all showed up on the same day! And they’re STUNNING! Especially the latter.
Title = goodreads page.
I haven’t read less than 10 books in so many months that reading 8 books this month feels WEIRD, but like I said, slump and the lack of free time hit me like a truck so that’s still a REALLY good number, considering.
- Immoral Code – Friendship goals, lovable characters, heist.
- A Heart in a Body in the World – Gutting, important, trauma, anxiety & PTSD.
- Shadow and Bone – Entertaining story but lacking overall.
- The Sun is Also a Star – Insta-love but realistic, important topics.
- Goddess of the Hunt – Aroace Artemis, inspiring & empowering poems.
- Outrun the Moon – San Francisco earthquake, heartbreaking, hopeful.
- From Twinkle, with love – Romcom, ambitious filmmaker MC, cute.
- You Asked for Perfect – Academic stress, cute romance, friendship.
Book Title = Review
- Immoral Code – Lillian Clark
- A heart in a Body in the World – Deb Caletti
- Shadow and Bone – Leigh Bardugo
- Goddess of the Hunt – Shelby Eileen
- Soft in the Middle – Shelby Eileen
- Outrun the Moon – Stacey Lee
- February 1st: To Sum-up: January 2019.
- February 4th: We are More than our Marginalisations.
- February 5th: Cover Reveal – Graham’s Delicacies by Em Ali + EXCERPT!!
- February 6th: Year of the Asian Reading Challenge sign-up + tracking post – #YARC2019
- February 11th: My Bookstagramming Process + Tips and Tricks.
- February 18th: Spreading the Love: 10 Favourite Booktubers.
- February 20th: 5 star Predictions: Books on my #YARC2019 TBR.
- February 25th: Emoji book recommendations – You choose an emoji, I give you a book!
- Rain @ BookDragonism teaches how to conquer your TBR pile in six (or seven) ways.
- Silvia @ Silvia Reads Books shares all she’s learned about Audibooks.
- Vicky @ Vicky Who Reads shares The Ultimate Guide to YA romance for Valentine’s Day.
- Swetlana @ The Caffeinated Bookworm Life talks about how she’s kept her goodreads TBR to 12 books.
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books talks about how to stay positive while book blogging.
I’m so happy with how good I’ve been at keeping up with the community this part month despite how busy I was. (Sneak reading posts when I have a few minutes to spare oops)
#DIVERSEBOOKBLOGGERSDISCUSS WILL BE OFFICIALLY BACK THIS SUNDAY!!!! And I already have all of March’s posts scheduled. I got so many amazing topic submissions and I can’t wait to share them all with you. They will be going up every Sunday for…uh…while! There are a lot and you’re all going to love them!! This means that my posting frequency will go up from 3 posts a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) to 4 because I added Sundays to the schedule when I realized that there’s no way I can have all the posts up in less than three years if I don’t post them weekly instead of the previous edition’s twice a month.
I’m also participating in TWO blog tours for books I’m highly anticipating and AAAH! I’m so happy I’m getting to read them (hopefully love them) and yell about them to maybe get other to read and love them too!
I started this thing where, every month, I let one or two of my mutuals on Twitter pick one book for my TBR because a girl gets overwhelmed easily and if it were up to me, I would just stare at my shelves until the end of times and end up reading nothing. So this month, the pick was The Fever King and I AM SO BEYOND EXCITED TO READ THIS ONE!!!! Apparently it’s gonna wreck me.
That’s it until next time.
Did you read any of these books? What did you think of them? What books did you read this month?
Oh! And if you have any posts you think I should check out, leave them in the comments.
Hope you enjoyed, write to you soon.