Hello friends! My name is Fadwa, and I’m the face and brains behind Word Wonders. I am a medstudent, and all around bookish content creator based in Morocco.
When I’m not running around the hospital or neck deep in a book or talking about books, you can find me watching tv-shows, working out, doing all kinds of outdoorsy activities or hanging out with my friends. Some of favorite things are sunsets, the beach, makeup and clothes.
Some of my all time favourite books include:
- The Daevabad trilogy – S. A. Chakraborty
- The Feverwake duology – Victoria Lee
- Mirage – Somaiya Daud
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo – Taylor Jenkins Reid
- When the Moon was Ours – Anna-Marie Mc Lemore
- How to Make a Wish – Ashley Herring Blake
- Work for it – Talia Hibbert
- The Wicker King – K. Ancrum
Word Wonders was initially created as an outlet for my bookish thoughts. But as I’ve become more involved in the community it has evolved into something more, a brain child I’m genuinely proud of. This blog has become a way for me to promote and advocate for representation and diversity in books. With that in mind, I will be mainly showcasing books featuring or/and written by marginalized voices as well as other marginalized creators.
The blog features that I am either currently working on or have worked on in the past with that sole purpose are:
- Diverse Book Bloggers Discuss: where I invite content creators from minorities to talk about things they’re passionate about.
- Muslim Voices Rise-up: a month long series I created in Ramadan 2019 with Adiba Jaigirdar (author of The Henna Wars) to uplift Muslim authors and content creators.
- Color the Shelves: a weekly feature I started in 2020 where I invite marginalized authors with books coming out during the year to talk about their stories in whatever form they feel comfortable with.
- Word Wonders’ TBR Expansion: Lists of books from specific minorities, with the corresponding content warnings.
You can expect posts from me twice a day, on Mondays and Thursdays, as well as videos on Saturday. I read across all age groups and my favorite genres are Fantasy, Romance and Historical Fiction but I dip into pretty much all genres. A lot of my reviews are on my blog but you can mini-reviews on Goodreads for the books I don’t review on here.
The main purpose of this little piece of the internet in to interact with all of you readers out there who are just as passionate about inclusivity in literature as I am, or even those of you who are new to it but would like to diversify your reading. So I’ll be more than happy to chat with you on whatever you want either in the comment section or on Twitter, even by e-mail if you’re more comfortable with that. May they be questions, suggestions, recommendations or just to say Hi, just do it and that’ll seriously probably possibly make my day.
I accept review copies from authors and publishers who are interested in sending me their books to promote. That will in no way, shape or form influence my opinion of said book. You can refer to my Review Policy section for more information as well as to my Review Index to get a general idea of the books I read.